Learn Thai Pro is an easy to use app for those interested in learning Thai.
Learn Thai Pro - Common phrases from English to Thai ( 600+ phrases )
The top rated Thai phrasebook on the Android Market ★★★★★
Update: Now available for purchase in Thailand thanks to Google
Learn Thai Pro is an easy to use mobile Thai Phrasebook that will give visitors to Thailand and those who are interested in learning to speak Thai a good start in the language. Learn Thai is developed by Thai people and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. We use native Thai speakers and have spoken clearly and slowly to help you follow the phrases with ease.
- Over 600 common words and phrases
- High quality audio recordings by native speakers
- No internet connection needed
- Choice of male and female voices
- Store frequently used phrases in Favourites
- Search by keywords
- Tips for speaking Thai
- General conversation
- Time and date
- Directions and places
- Eating out
- Towns and provinces
- Tourist attractions
- Feeling sick
- Tongue twisters
- Different tones applied to a word may change the meaning so try to listen to the audio carefully and repeat the words or phrases several times first or practice with the locals to get the hang of it.
- Pronouns are gender-specific, like I for example. For females it's 'Chan' or 'Di-Chan' and for males it's 'Pom'.
- Apart from pronouns there are the words that apply to the end of a sentence where we use 'Krap' for a male and 'Ka' for a female.
- Other things to be aware of when reading the transliterations of Thai words are:
-'Ph' is pronounced as a soft 'P' as in 'pie'. It is NEVER used to make an 'F' sound
- 'P' on its own is used for a hard 'P' which can sound almost like a 'B'
- 'Th' is pronounced as a soft 'T' sound as in 'top'. Thai does not have a 'th' sound as in 'the'
- 'Kh' is used for a soft 'K' sound, while 'K' on its own is a hard 'K' which is close to a 'G'
If you like this app and find it useful please take a few seconds to give us a rating in the Android Market. For comments and suggestions please send an email to email@example.com. We love getting feedback from users of our apps.
Follow us on twitter : http://www.twitter.com/codegentapps
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE, IPOD, & IPAD